The Peak Atlas ESR Gold is an enhanced version of the previous Peak Atlas ESR Plus. It provides instant measurement of a capacitor's ESR and its capacitance value. Using the supplied gold plated probes (removable), the Atlas ESR Gold can measure ESR down to a resolution of 0.01 ohms, up to 40 ohms. It can even measure ESR for capacitors that are in-circuit. Probes are removable, allowing 2mm compatible probes to be fitted. Audible alerts are produced for various ESR levels allowing you to perform many tests in succession without having to look at the display.
Remember, this is an improved version of the Peak Atlas ESR Plus (ESR70). This new "Gold" version does everything the "Plus" version did, but it does it better.New Gold Features:
- Improved LCD with better backlight.
- 10x faster capacitance measurement for large capacitors.
- Enhanced user options system.
- New triple-slope measurement system to vastly reduce the influence of parallel resistance and/or leakage current on capacitance measurements.
- Much wider capacitance measurement range now 0.3uF to 90,000uF (was 1uF to 22,000uF).
- Uses a single AAA Alkaline cell (included).
- Alphanumeric LCD with backlight.
- Automatic analysis-start when you apply the probes.
- Automatic capacitor discharge using controlled discharge function.
- ESR (and low DC resistance) measurement (even in-circuit).
- Capacitance measurement (if testing out-of-circuit).
- Audible alerts for various ESR levels.
- Extended ESR measurement range up to 40 Ohms.
- Optional probe alternatives easily fitted.
- ESR70 - Equivalent Series Resistance Meter.
- Extra-long and extra-flexible test cables (450mm of Silicone covered cable).
- 2mm plugs and sockets with removeable gold plated crocodile clips.
- Comprehensive illustrated user guide.
- AAA Alkaline cell.
Technical SpecificationsESR range:
0.00 Ohms to 40.0 OhmsESR accuracy:
±2% (typical)ESR resolution (ESR<2 Ohms):
0.01 Ohms to 0.02 OhmsESR resolution (ESR>2 Ohms):
0.1 Ohms to 0.2 OhmsCapacitance range:
0.3uF to 90,000uFESR test frequency:
50-100kHz ±4%ESR test voltage (into 40 Ohms):
40mV (typical)Operating temperature range:
15°C to 35°C (60°F to 95°F)Battery type:
AAA Alkaline (1.5V) SuppliedAuto-off period:
1 minute (typical)
DownloadsData Sheet (EN)User Guide (EN)User Guide (DE)User Guide (IT)User Guide (FR)
Optional certificate of calibration includes results of manual verification tests. Instrument is calibrated the same way regardless of whether you require the certificate.
Please note that the product colour/appearance may vary.
Current firmware: 6.0